Teacher - Secondary School
job description template
About the Role
We currently have openings for secondary school teachers. As a classroom teacher, you will promote the academic progress and general wellbeing of young people (typically aged 12 – 18 years) in our high school.
What you will do:
- Develop lesson plans to teach particular content in specific subjects
- Teach secondary school students content and subject matter that meets state curriculum requirements by using a variety of materials
- Assess, record and report on students’ development, learning and progress
- Attend school camps, supervise extra curricular activities and conduct parent-teacher interviews
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Bachelor of Education - Secondary or Master of Teaching - Secondary
- Relevant State Teacher Registration Authority
- Understanding of Australian Curriculum and desire to plan and implement innovative, engaging and authentic learning programs
- Excellent ability to understand a diverse range of student learning needs, and the ability to guide learning based on on-going formative assessment
- Commitment to developing strong partnerships with parents and guardians
- Capacity to plan and teach independently
- Current First aid and CPR
- Relevant working with children check
How to Apply
We would love to hear from you! Don’t miss out on this opportunity and apply now by completing your profile in detail through the link below.
Get even more Compono
Compono offers powerful products. Compono Engage, Hire and Develop.
Similar to this
Education Job Description Templates
Let’s connect and get you better matched people!