Teacher - Primary School
job description template
About the Role
We currently have openings for primary classroom teachers. As a classroom teacher, you will be responsible for the social, emotional, and academic learning and development of children.
What you will do:
- Preparing lesson plans, teaching a full range of subject areas and assessing and evaluating students’ educational progress
- Preparing and marking tests, projects, homework and assignments to evaluate student progress
- Discussing students’ progress with parents and guardians as well as organising and supervising school activities such as excursions and camps
- Participating in staff meetings, educational conferences and workshops
- Ensuring discipline in classrooms and school areas
- Contributing to extra-curricular tasks such as sport, school concerts, excursions and special interest programs
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Bachelor of Education - Primary or Master of Teaching - Primary
- Relevant State Teacher Registration Authority
- Understanding of Australian Curriculum and desire to plan and implement innovative, engaging and authentic learning programs
- Excellent ability to understand a diverse range of student learning needs, and the ability to guide learning based on on-going formative assessment
- Commitment to developing strong partnerships with parents and guardians
- Capacity to plan and teach independently
- Current First aid and CPR
- Relevant working with children check
How to Apply
We would love to hear from you! Don’t miss out on this opportunity and apply now by completing your profile in detail through the link below.
Get even more Compono
Compono offers powerful products. Compono Engage, Hire and Develop.
Similar to this
Education Job Description Templates
Let’s connect and get you better matched people!