Job Ad Template
Job Ad Template
About the Role
We have an opportunity for a creative Bartender to join our enthusiastic team.
Your main responsibility is to curate a wine list which complements our cuisine offering, and deliver excellent service and advice to customers on selecting the right wines to match their meals.
What you will do:
- Curating the wine list and keeping it up to date as the menu changes
- Selecting food and wine pairings
- Maintaining inventory
- Educating staff about the wine list
- Engaging with guests and determining which wines best fit their needs. This involves finding out which type of wine varieties they like, and what their budget is
- Quality assuring wines before serving in case they are corked or flawed
- Serving the wine, which includes using the right technique, glassware and decanting
- Maintaining engagement, conversation and a high level of service throughout the dining experience
- At the end of service, cleaning up the decanters and glasses, putting wines away, polishing glasses and decanters, and restocking bottles
- Studying wine, constantly tasting new producers, vintages, and regions, and attending industry events
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Hospitality industry experience either restaurant or winery
- Valid RSA
- Wine & Spirit Education Trust (WSET) and/or the Court of Master Sommeliers education program completed or in progress
- People orientated with excellent customer service skills
- A good understanding of wine
- Strong communicator and team player
- Be punctual and well presented
- Good availability across a variety of shifts including weekdays, weekends and evenings
How to Apply
We would love to hear from you! Don’t miss out on this opportunity and apply now by completing your profile in detail through the link below.
Leverage our huge library of pre-built job templates.
Help ensure great candidates aren't falling through the cracks with intelligent mapping across skills and qualifications.