Social Worker (Aust)
job description template
About the Role
We have an opportunity for an experienced Social Worker to become part of our dedicated team.
You will provide case management, counselling and advocacy to address issues at the personal and social level in a variety of settings including crisis support, child protection, aged care, disability, homelessness, drug and alcohol, healthcare, education or policy.
What you will do:
- Assessing clients’ needs and ensuring they have access to appropriate support services
- Providing practical support, counselling, information and emotional support to clients
- Acting as an advocate for clients in situations where they may be experiencing inequality, injustice or discrimination
- Liaise with clients, their families and/or carers to co-ordinate, facilitate and communicate client treatment and outcomes
- Actively participate in quality improvement and research activities
- Provide supervision and participate in clinical education programs as required
- Promote and develop positive relationships within the department, wider organisation and with community partners
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Bachelor of Social Work
- Current registration with the Australian Association of Social Workers
- You are passionate about providing evidence-based practice in collaboration with clients and their families/carers
- Demonstrated ability to efficiently manage case load demands
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment and independently as required
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with a multidisciplinary team
- Effective communication, excellent customer service skills and interpersonal skills
How to Apply
We would love to hear from you! Don’t miss out on this opportunity and apply now by completing your profile in detail through the link below.
Get even more Compono
Compono offers powerful products. Compono Engage, Hire and Develop.
Similar to this
Let’s connect and get you better matched people!