Job Ad Template
Job Ad Template
About the Role
We have an opportunity for a Shotfirer to join our team.
This opportunity will involve preparing, positioning and detonating explosives to demolish buildings and structures or dislodge rocks and soil. The work is predominantly outdoors and underground.
What you will do:
- Establishing exclusion zones around blast areas to ensure the safety of people, animals, vehicles and surroundings
- Checking all safety regulations have been followed
- Using geological and blast design principles to assist in controlling detonation
- Boring holes and checking their depths
- Assessing the quantity of explosives needed for the blast and movement required
- Inserting the detonators and charges into the bored holes
- Testing the blasting circuit
- Detonating the explosives
- Managing explosive stock control
- Checking the blast zone and declare it safe or unsafe, for example in case of rock falls or fumes
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Certificate IV in Surface Coal Mining - Open Cut Examiner
- Current National Police Check
- Relevant licences for fireworks, mining or construction - Current Shotfirers Licence
- 12 months+ Shotfirer and Blast Hole experience
- Dangerous Goods Security Card
- Current manual or HR drivers licence
- Effectively communicate with a wide range of stakeholders with varying technical knowledge
- Analytical and problem-solving skills with strong attention to detail
How to Apply
We would love to hear from you! Don’t miss out on this opportunity and apply now by completing your profile in detail through the link below.
Leverage our huge library of pre-built job templates.
Help ensure great candidates aren't falling through the cracks with intelligent mapping across skills and qualifications.
Similar to this
Engineering Job Description Templates