Research Officer (Aust)
job description template
About the Role
We have an opportunity for a dedicated Research Officer to become part of our successful team. The Research Officer is responsible for supporting ongoing research projects and assisting research students.
What you will do:
- Research project management
- Developing, supervising and performing specialised and complex experiments
- Examining, interpreting and reporting results and their significance
- Assisting with analysis and write-up of research for publication
- Maintaining up-to-date knowledge of relevant literature
- Manuscript writing and conference reports
- Laboratory management including maintaining stock of consumables and management of accounts
- Assistance with training and oversight of research students
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Bachelor of Science or related field (an Honours or Masters degree in the relevant area would be highly regarded)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to conduct independent research with limited supervision
- Experience with laboratory techniques
- Experience with manuscript and scientific report preparation
- Previous experience with the collection, analysis and interpretation of research data, including the use of statistical software packages
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team, collaborate across disciplines and build effective relationships
- Experience with overseeing and training research students
How to Apply
We would love to hear from you! Don’t miss out on this opportunity and apply now by completing your profile in detail through the link below.
Get even more Compono
Compono offers powerful products. Compono Engage, Hire and Develop.
Similar to this
Let’s connect and get you better matched people!