Job Ad Template
Job Ad Template
About the Role
We are looking for a dedicated Museum Curator to oversee our museum collections by supporting the acquisition, display, preservation and development of objects for exhibition.
What you will do:
- Researching and negotiating acquisition of items for the museum, either permanently or for a set period of time, ensuring the careful display, care and storage of items
- Identifying, classifying, documenting and conserving items and collections
- Maintaining organisational records and overseeing the display and education program of exhibitions
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Bachelor degree with a major in a relevant area, such as classics, fine arts, history, cultural studies or anthropology
- Graduate Certificate of Cultural Heritage and Museum Studies a bonus
- Relevant experience in project planning and delivery in the cultural sector, heritage, design or government
- Experience in developing museum exhibitions
- Experience in planning and staging the opening of a new experience
- Experience in preparing business cases and project plans, establishing appropriate governance, identifying, allocating and managing resources, and meeting reporting requirements
- Ability to work with an enthusiastic team of volunteers and pass skills on to them
How to Apply
We would love to hear from you! Don’t miss out on this opportunity and apply now by completing your profile in detail through the link below.
Leverage our huge library of pre-built job templates.
Help ensure great candidates aren't falling through the cracks with intelligent mapping across skills and qualifications.