Job Ad Template
Job Ad Template
About the Role
We have an opportunity for a Metallurgist to become part of our successful team.
What you will do:
- Extracting metals and minerals from their ores by applying physical and chemical methods
- Designing processes for mineral extraction and alloying
- Advising operators on production and quality methods
- Conducting microscopic, x-ray, x-ray diffraction and spectrographic studies of metals and alloys
- Liaising with other professionals such as engineers, geologists, chemists and operators to find improved process efficiencies
- Developing and overseeing implementation of environmentally friendly processes
- Testing metals in use, recording data and advising on performance and shortcomings
- Studying effects of radiation on metals exposed to nuclear environments
- Supervising a team of metallurgists and technicians
- Preparing budgets and technical reports
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Degree in science with a major in geology, geoscience, applied geology, geophysics or earth sciences
- Experience with a range of software applications including digital field mapping and 3D modelling
- Effectively communicate with a wide range of stakeholders with varying technical knowledge
- Analytical and problem-solving skills with strong attention to detail
- Current drivers licence
How to Apply
We would love to hear from you! Don’t miss out on this opportunity and apply now by completing your profile in detail through the link below.
Leverage our huge library of pre-built job templates.
Help ensure great candidates aren't falling through the cracks with intelligent mapping across skills and qualifications.