Head of Research and Development (R&D)
job description template
About the Role
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Head of Research and Development to join our team. You will lead the research, planning and implementation of new programs and protocols for our organisation. You will also oversee the development of new products or services.
What you will do:
- Create research and development strategies, policies and plans based on R&D opportunities
- Develop and implement research projects, priorities and targets
- Lead major research projects and oversee the activities of the research team
- Assess the benefits and cost effectiveness of research and development activities
- Interpret research results and recommend product and service development innovations
- Provide advice on research and development options
- Monitor the latest developments in the industry and evaluate the implications
- Publish and share results of significant research projects
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Tertiary qualification in related field
- Prior leadership experience preferably leading a Research team
- Experience contributing to the development of a company’s overall corporate strategy, with an emphasis on establishing and managing annual R&D budgets and strategies
- Excellent consultation, influencing and negotiation skills and proven ability to engage effectively with diverse internal and external stakeholders
- High degree of professionalism and commercial acumen
How to Apply
We would love to hear from you! Don’t miss out on this opportunity and apply now by completing your profile in detail through the link below.
Get even more Compono
Compono offers powerful products. Compono Engage, Hire and Develop.
Let’s connect and get you better matched people!