job description template
About the Role
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Ecologist to join our team.
What you will do:
- Conducting site assessments and collecting and analysing data to determine environmental conditions, damages or requirements
- Developing and recommending environmental conditions and actions to landowners
- Planning and overseeing environmental restoration projects, including supervising and training employees working in the field
- Creating diagrams using geographic information systems (GIS) and computer-aided design (CAD) programs
- Developing budgets and schedules of environmental restoration projects
- Applying for permits for environmental projects
- Presenting findings of studies and proposals to clients and stakeholders
- Creating plans for habitat restoration and management
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Bachelor degree majoring in biology, marine biology, zoology or environmental science
- Strong working knowledge of terrestrial ecology, environmental impact assessment, environmental planning and legislation
- A demonstrated ability to write fluently and concisely in a scientific manner
- Strong Flora Identification
- Experience in the performance of ecological field surveys
- Strong Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Project Management skills
- Experience and abilities in mapping software
- Ecological Society of Australia (ESA) Membership beneficial
How to Apply
We would love to hear from you! Don’t miss out on this opportunity and apply now by completing your profile in detail through the link below.
Get even more Compono
Compono offers powerful products. Compono Engage, Hire and Develop.
Similar to this
Undefined Job Description Templates
Let’s connect and get you better matched people!