Behaviour Support Practitioner (Aust)
job description template
About the Role
We have an opportunity for an experienced Behaviour Support Practitioner to become part of our successful team.
You will use your expertise in mental health, occupational therapy and social development to help patients and students implement new behavioural treatment strategies to improve their wellbeing.
What you will do:
- Observing, recording and evaluating a patient’s or student’s behaviour
- Developing and implementing behavioural treatment strategies that are responsive to a patient’s needs
- Providing assistance, guidance, training and coaching throughout the treatment process
- Liaising with patients, their parents, teachers and allied health providers to provide holistic support
- Gathering data about a patient’s progress through assessments, observations and interviews
- Ensuring support practices comply with relevant regulations such as the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS)
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Minimum Bachelors degree in behavioural science, psychological science, social science, social work or a related field
- Current relevant registration with the NDIS as a Behaviour Support Practitioner
- Working with Children Check
- Ability to effectively plan, implement and evaluate treatment programs
- Demonstrated ability to efficiently manage case load demands
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment and independently as required
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with a multidisciplinary team
- Commitment to professional development and maintenance of current evidence-based practice
- Demonstrated contribution and commitment to quality/continuous improvement process
- Effective communication, excellent customer service skills and interpersonal skills
- Strong organisational and time management skills
How to Apply
We would love to hear from you! Don’t miss out on this opportunity and apply now by completing your profile in detail through the link below.
Get even more Compono
Compono offers powerful products. Compono Engage, Hire and Develop.
Similar to this
Let’s connect and get you better matched people!